Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most common questions that we get asked. If you don't see an answer to your specific question, please feel free to contact us!
What does it cost to join Boo's Battalion?
Every new member gets a 30-day free trial. After that, membership is only $19.97 per month.
How do I know my kids will be safe in Boo's Battalion?
We take your children's safety very seriously — my own children are part of Boo's Battalion, so you know I'm paying attention and taking extra precautions!
There are 6 main things we do to keep kids safe:
- All parents and children are interviewed on video before allowing them to join Boo's so we know everyone is under the age of 18 and not scammers.
- Every session is moderated by a Boo's staff member to ensure rules are followed and kids are having a good time while building their confidence.
- We utilize all Zoom security features including waiting rooms as well as communicating with every child and parent about what device they'll be signing in on so we know we're not letting in random people.
- There are only 6 kids and 1 adult in each squad, with no extras allowed in.
- All calls are recorded for security, but parents/kids are not given access to the recordings and no photos/screenshots can be taken during the meetups.
- We've also had our entire process audited by third-parties specialists to ensure that we're talking all the right precautions.
What kind of improvements can I expect to see in my child after joining?
Every child is different, but after the first month of attending the weekly squad calls, most parents report having fewer "episodes" with their kids. They say it's well worth the small time investment each week to attend the calls because their kids...
- Are more able to clearly describe their needs and answer questions from their parents with less disruption — saving parents hours each day by avoiding meltdowns.
- Feel more comfortable participating in "small talk" conversations with people. For example, if you're in the grocery store having a quick conversation and someone says hi to your kid, they are more likely to wave and say hi back instead of hiding behind your legs.
- Are actually happy that they finally have friends and can participate in conversations with other kids without feeling overwhelmed, stimming, or requiring parents to step in and intervene constantly.
- Have something to look forward every week that isn't a video game!
How much time will I need to invest into this each week? What's the schedule?
You'll have a "Rally Point" call once a week with your squad for 30 minutes. Most parents find that after a month of attending these calls regularly, they actually save time each week because their kids are more clearly able to communicate with fewer meltdowns.
How does it work? What actually happens on the weekly calls?
It's a structured conversation each week on a variety of topics. We practice skills like taking chances, asking questions, describing things like their feelings and needs, patience, following directions, and more.
We have "brain breaks" to get them up moving around so they aren't just sitting still the whole time.
And we also play games like charades and other thinking/moving games to help them improve their communication and teamwork skills.
What ages are allowed to join Boo's Battalion?
We accept kids from 6 to 17 years old. Kids are broken up into squads with kids that are close to the same age.
What happens if someone is bullying or just doesn't get along with my kid?
If someone's bullying we have an Improvement Measures Policy where we take steps to improve the behavior. We will give verbal warnings/redirections, remove them from the rally point calls, and then discuss with the parents the best next step — including removing them from Boo's Battalion.
If your kid is just struggling to make friends, then we have the option to try moving them to another squad to see if they can find friends they can connect with better.
How long does it take to get my application approved?
After you submit your application to join, you will be invited to schedule a call for your video interview.
After the video interview is complete, your application is generally approved immediately after the interview if all goes well during the call.
Once you're approved, you'll be added to a squad with a dedicated time and day to meet with the other kids each week. You can expect to have your first call with your squad within 2 weeks of being approved.
What happens if we want to cancel our membership?
Your membership is on a month-to-month basis and you can cancel at any time - no questions asked. You can email or call at any time to cancel.